Corinium Insurance

Cover Overview

What is Income Protection?

Income Protection is a short term policy that allows you to protect your income against unfortunate incidents such as being made unemployed or suffering an illness or having an accident.

Most of us are not able to predict a period of unemployment, broken bone or a sudden illness. When this happens, it can often mean time off work resulting in a loss of earnings. This can put a lot of pressure on you and your family if you have to cover your bills, rent or other financial commitments.

By covering yourself with a Corinium Income Protection policy you will be safe in the knowledge that you will have some breathing room whilst you are off work.

The policy offers a range of cover and waiting periods to help tailor your policy needs and premium affordability.

You can cover your income up to £2,500 per month or 65% of your normal income, whichever is lower.

If you would like a quote, hit the 'Get a Quote' button and simply follow the instructions on screen and answer the questions when prompted to apply.

All applications our sent to our in house administration team to be individually underwritten.

Key Benefits
  • Choose cover up to a maximum £2,500 per month or 65% of your normal income.
  • Range of Excess periods.
  • Easy to pay monthly premiums with no interest added.
  • Claims payments made directly to you.
  • Straightforward application process.

You can find out more about the policy in our FAQ's section, or by reading through the policy documentation.

Important information before you apply


You are eligible to take out income protection insurance if on the Policy Start Date:

  • You are aged 18 or over and are under the age of 64; and
  • You have been working in the United Kingdom continuously for the last 6 months; and
  • You have been residing in the United Kingdom continuously for the last 6 months; and
  • You are not aware of any redundancies, restructure, reorganisation or contractual threats within the organisation you work in, even if you are unsure whether these actions will result in you becoming unemployed. If you are Self-Employed, you must not be aware of any reasons which would mean your business is likely to close; and
  • Your work is not casual, seasonal or temporary; and
  • You are not absent from work due to an accident or sickness, other than minor illness such as a cold or flu. You are still eligible for cover if you are absent from work due to maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption or parental leave.

You are not eligible for cover if:

  • You are aware of any impending Unemployment which may affect you; or
  • You are in casual, seasonal or temporary work; or
  • You are Working less than 16 hours per week; or
  • You are currently unable to attend work due to an accident or sickness (this does not apply if you are on maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave or parental leave).

It is important to bring to your attention that the premium you pay may change at your renewal date in the future. The premiums for future years will depend upon the forecasts of costs to the Insurer of settling claims and changes in taxation and inflation. The Insurer will not seek to recover in future years, the costs of any claims already paid out. Changes to your premium will not depend on your individual circumstances but on the cost of overall claims.


Please download the latest policy documents:

Policy Wording

Insurance Product Information Documents

Terms of Business

In the event you need to make a claim:

  • You must give us notice of a claim by telephoning the Claims Administrator on 01285 626032 or email: You should do so as soon as reasonably possible and within 30 days after the end of the waiting period. The Claims Administrator will send you the claim form(s).
  • You will need to complete the claim form(s) and return them to the Claims Administrator as soon as reasonably possible, giving us all the information we ask for to enable us to process your claim. This will include, but not be limited to - wage slips, termination letters or notices, your P45, Doctor and Consultant reports and medical records and, if Self Employed, bank statements, invoices and annual accounts, Inland Revenue and National Insurance records.
  • You will be responsible for providing us with the proof we need. Delay in submitting a claim to us may make your claim harder to confirm and may lead to delays in making payments or result in the non-payment of your claim.
  • The contact details for the Claims Administrator are: Corinium Insurance Services, Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XD, Email:, Telephone: 01285 626032. Corinium Insurance Services is a trading style of Trent-Services (Administration) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on its register under number 315285.
  • Throughout the period for which the claim is made under this insurance contract, we will require you to provide evidence of continuing to be unable to work due to Accident, Sickness or Unemployment. Benefit will not be paid for any period of Accident, Sickness or Unemployment for which the evidence required by us is not provided.

Income Protection FAQ's

Who are Corinium Insurance Services?

Corinium Insurance Services offer a range of insurance products to its customers. We aim to build simple products that are easy to understand and easy to apply for.

What is Corinium Income Protection?

Corinium Income Protection offers our customers the opportunity to protect their monthly income against unfortunate incidents such as an accident, illness or unemployment.

Do you cover pre-existing conditions?

Sadly we cannot cover pre-existing conditions. You can however still apply for cover but your pre-existing conditions will be excluded from cover.

How do I apply for cover?

Applying for cover is simple and straightforward. Simply follow the application process which will give you a premium quote, ask for some personal data and various questions about your existing health and employment status.

How do I make a claim?

To make a claim, please contact the Claims Administrator on 01285 626032. The address for the Claims Administrator is Trent-Services (Administration) Ltd, Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, GL7 1XD. For more information please refer to your insurance policy document.

How much benefit can I choose to cover myself for?

You can select an amount up to a maximum of £2,500 per month or 65% of your normal monthly income whichever is the lesser.

How long can I claim for?

You can receive monthly benefits up to a maximum of 12 consecutive months.

Is there a waiting period before I can claim?

You will need to be off sick/or unemployed for a minimum of 30 days to be eligible to make a claim.

Is there an Excess Period before I can claim?

Yes, in your application you select an excess period. This is the period at the start of your claim where you cannot be paid a monthly benefit. Please refer to your schedule for confirmation of your excess period.

How can I cancel my policy?

You may cancel your policy during the cooling-off period of 30 days. Any premium that has been collected during this period will be refunded, as long as a claim has not been made. If you cancel after the cooling-off period, no further premium will be collected and no refund of premium will be made.

How do I make a complaint?

We aim to provide a high level of service to all our customers but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens, we will do everything we can to put things right and assist you. The full complaints procedure can be found in your policy wording. In the first instance, if you have any questions about the policy, please contact the administrator.

Who is the administrator?

The administrator for this policy is Trent-Services (Administration) Ltd, who can be contacted in the following ways:

Telephone: 01285 626032
Post: Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XD.

Corinium Insurance Services is a trading style of Trent-Services (Administration) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on its register under number 315285.

How do I receive my insurance documents?

Your policy documents will be either posted or emailed to you once your application has been accepted.

How do I receive my monthly benefit?

Monthly benefit payments are made directly to you by the administrator, on behalf of the Insurer.

Are there any exclusions?

Yes, as with most insurance policies there are various exclusions to be aware of. Please refer to your policy wording to access the full list of exclusions.

What is an initial exclusion period?

An initial exclusion period is a period of time that you cannot make a claim for Unemployment from the start date of your policy. This policy has an initial exclusion period of 120 days following the policy start date.

How long does my policy last for?

Your policy will remain in force as long as you continue to pay monthly premiums. Your policy will be reviewed 12 months after the start date of cover, and then annually thereafter.

Is there a joint cover option?

No, this policy does not offer joint cover. Customers must apply separately.

Corinium Insurance Services Complaints

We do our best to provide you with the highest levels of customer service at all times, however should you wish to make a complaint you should do so by contacting us and detailing the nature of your complaint.

Please refer to the 'Complaints' section of your policy wording as this will provide you with the full complaints procedure that is applicable for your policy.

If you remain dissatisfied with our response, further details will be provided at the appropriate stage of the complaints process.